Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mommy & Me & Me & Me

Happy Mothers Day weekend everyone! Being a Mom has to be one of the most exhausting, difficult, and frustrating jobs on the planet. On the other hand it is also the most important, rewarding, natural, and amazing thing that I have ever done or will ever do with my life.
My new haircut and color make me look so much like my own Mom that I can't help but think of her every time I look in the mirror. I take that opportunity as a reminder to pray that I will become the godly example to my children that she is to me.
My boys are such a blessing and I love every crazy, dirty, imaginative minute with them. Trying to get a picture this morning with all of us was no easy task. Noah insisted on being a pirate, (notice the one eye closed) Micah was refusing to smile, and Jonah just wasn't in the mood to sit still. Is that a surprise to anyone?

5 comments:

grammyjoan said...

I look forward to celebrating Mother's Day with you and the crew. Good pictures even with everyone moving.
I wish MaMa were still here to be with us tomorrow but we have her memories with us.

butterbean_girl said...

You look great! I agree with you about the pros and cons of being a mom. Dealing with a tired 18 month old and my crazy hormones made for a very emotional Mother's Day for me. I sit back and think this morning how very blessed I am to have those things.

Denise said...

Marsha, I don't envy you one bit about the crazy hormones. I didn't even know it was humanly possible to cry as easily or as much as I did when I was pregnant. I figure I should have been dehydrated half of the time just from my tears!

grammyjoan said...

Oh boy Marsha & Denise, from reading about your pregnancy tears, you are going to LOVE going through menopause in the years to come!

Melissa said...

LOL at the menopause comment!!

Denise, you ARE looking like your mom! I love the hair! Three healthy boys, you sure are a blessed mommy!