Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Green Eyed Monster

***DISCLAIMER***
I love my Father and Brother both and I am very proud of their accomplishments. ***End Disclaimer.

My Dad is running for City Council. Our local newspaper did an article on him that ran in today's paper. It was a very nice article (albeit somewhat narcissistic) about all of his volunteer work and service on various boards and committees. However, the last paragraph of the article made my blood boil. This is it, verbatim.

Godley has a son currently serving in the U.S. Marines and a daughter. He has three grandsons.

I am sure most of you know the mixed emotions in which I view my status as compared to my brother's status. If not, read my post here about the bumper sticker our Mom has on her car.
I am happy that the article mentioned my brother's profession. He has a very important job and deserves a lot of credit for the work that he does. The part that upsets me is; and a daughter ...period. I repeat, and a daughter...period. AAAK! Are you kidding me?
The part about the three grandsons was a nice touch. It would have been a nicer touch had they mentioned that I gave birth to them and that I have devoted my life to raising them.
Okay, so maybe my Dad isn't the only narcissist in the family. Or maybe I am blowing this way out of proportion, but someone out there has got to agree with me. Does anyone see my point of view?

6 comments:

butterbean_girl said...

And right before Mother's Day too?! I'm voting that it be Mother's Day WEEK!

butterbean_girl said...

I'm trying to figure out why that post is titled "Green Eyed Monster". Is that what you feel like you could be sometimes because I feel that way about myself sometimes.

Denise said...

"O! beware, my lord, of jealousy; it is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on." - Shakespeare
I do turn into the "Green Eyed Monster" (jealousy) every now and then. Too bad I can't have real green eyes, like Joe does. Oops, I think that might be the jealousy thing again!

grammyjoan said...

I do have to say that I am very proud that you have chosen the most noble profession that I know of; a STAY AT HOME MOM. Without a doubt it is a full time job and you do a great job. I am very proud of ALL of my children!
However, you have to admit there might just be a teeny bit of jealousy there, I just find it pretty funny.

Melissa said...

Coming from a sister who was/is always being compared to her brother, I understand! A little bit of jealousy mixed with a touch of hurt (for me anyway).

Denise C said...

That would've hurt my feelings too! But I have to say the job that you have and the job that TJ has are probably the 2 hardest jobs in the world lol. I know how hard it is with just one...I can't imagine how hard it is with your 3 boys!! With just Brianna I am ready to pull my hair out at the end of the day lol!