Monday, May 25, 2009

Summer Vacation

Actually, I think the more appropriate term is Summer Staycation. You know, the one where you don't have any money so you stay home! There happens to be a very good reason why we don't have any vacation money this year and it is sitting in the form of 750 foot of fencing materials on the trailer in the picture. I am so happy to tell you that we will be having our summer staycation in our newly fenced in back yard. I have been wanting a fenced in backyard for a long time now. The time has come where it is a necessity instead of a luxury. We finally got started on it over the long weekend. It is far from done, however we did make a lot of progress. With any luck it will get finished next weekend.
Pa, Papa, and Joe discussed and worked and discussed and worked.

As Noah and Jonah did their part to help.

Noah soon quit "working" to hunt for bugs. Looks like the hunt was a success!

Jonah, however never gave up his post as "water boy".

While Micah spent the day relaxing in his stroller.

So that is a little of the changes going on in our backyard. I can't wait to see it all completed! I guess when the fence gets finished we will have to pitch a tent in the backyard and go camping, thus truly making it a staycation.

3 comments:

butterbean_girl said...

I'm thinking staycations might not be so bad. It's alot of work packing for one child for a few nights away...I can only imagine packing for three children. I might have to do it one day though! I guess it is nice to get away every now and then. Makes you remember there really is no place like home.

Melissa said...

I hope it gets finished for you soon. It really is a necessity with many small children!

Holly and Tj said...

Tj says he is glad we took a 'stay'vation too or else he likely would have been putting up a fence in your back yard! It looks good so far, maybe, just maybe, you will be able to keep the boys in the yard with it.