Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our Baby This Week

Right now, our baby is about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. The legs are much more developed, the head is more erect than it has been, and the eyes have moved closer to the front of the head. The ears are close to their final position, too. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, the heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as our baby continues to develop. At the ultrasound today, they measured the heart as beating 144 beats per minute.
And now for the news that everyone wants...IT IS A BOY!!! We are not 100% sure of course, but the technician seemed pretty sure. She said we would verify it next month when I have another ultrasound.

I am so excited about another boy. I love my two boys so much and I think they are the greatest things on earth. Noah is still getting used to the idea that we are having a boy and not a girl. He really wanted a girl this time. Joe says he is not disappointed, but I think he was hoping for a girl as well. I kind of feel guilty about the fact that we are having a boy and that I am so excited about it, but I think that no matter what the ultrasound would have shown today, I would have still been this happy. I am just so glad that God has chosen to bless us with another pregnancy.

6 comments:

boltefamily said...

That is awesome! Boys are so great! Congratulations!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness Denise! Another boy! Hey, at least you have all the clothes and boy toys! LOL

Wouldn't it be wild if at your next u/s they found out it was really a girl?!

So are you glad you found out, or do you wish you would have waited?

Denise said...

Melissa,
I am glad that I found out. Somehow it makes it seem that much more real. We did not find out with Jonah and that was fun as well, but I don't have any regrets about either one.

Denise C said...

I just knew it was going to be a girl this time! But Congratulations on the boy! You will deff have some funny stories to tell after this one comes along haha. I can't wait to find out what I'm having!!

Holly and Tj said...

Yippee! We are going to be uncles again! lol

Anonymous said...

Ya'll will have a football tem soon! I'm telling you, little girls are so much fun, but they are a lot of work! LOL I pray the baby will be healthy and blessed, no matter what it is! :)