Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mud Bogging

This afternoon Jonah, Noah, and I decided to take a walk back to the shop where Joe was fueling up his truck. We stayed back there with him for about two hours playing with the dog and just hanging out. It was dark when we got ready to come back up to the house and Joe asked me to drive his pick-up with the boys while he brought the big truck and trailer. Noah wanted to show me the new road that he and Daddy had built a few weeks ago with the bulldozer. I had never driven on the road on that side of the property and it was dark, so I was relying on my four year old for information. Noah assured me that it was not muddy at all and I could drive on it with the truck. Sure enough we got about half-way back to the house and the truck sank! Noah said, "Oh yeah, there is a big mud hole right here, you are supposed to stay on the right side of the road." I tried everything I knew, even locking the truck into four wheel drive, but could not get it to budge. Noah and Jonah were having the time of their lives, and I could see Joe walking across the woods to come get me. He directed me for about fifteen minutes, moving about two inches forward, then back, then forward, then back. Finally, the truck came out of the hole and we were on our way. I looked over at Noah, wanting to scold him, but stopped short at the grin on his face that was spread from ear to ear.
Long story short...don't take directions from a four year old!

1 comment:

Holly and Tj said...

Tj said that Noah knew exactly what he was doing when he 'forgot' to tell you that you needed to stay to the right!
Remember Tj and Noah's golf cart adventure?!