Saturday, September 20, 2008

Our Baby This Week

I tried to find a better picture than this, but for some reason, all of the fifteen week pictures were upside down. Our baby is growing and now measures about four inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). Our baby is busy moving amniotic fluid through his or her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs begin to develop. The legs are growing longer than the arms now, and the baby can move all of the joints and limbs. Finally, if we were to have an ultrasound this week, (which we are not) we may have been able to find out whether we are having a boy or a girl! I'm not sure when my next ultrasound is, but I think I want to know what we are having this time.

No comments: