Thursday, March 5, 2009

Protective Head Gear

The night before we went into the hospital to deliver Micah was stressful to say the least. Just as I was getting ready to put the boys to bed, Jonah tripped in the living room and struck his head on the stone hearth to our fireplace. If you look at the pictures of him in the hospital you will see what looks like a third eye in the middle of his forehead. It started swelling as soon as it happened and nearly scared me to death. Needless to say, I did not sleep at all that night. I watched him like a hawk and woke him every two hours just to make sure he would wake up!
Today, my first day at home by myself with the three boys, started out very well. Everything was running smoothly and on schedule until about 10:30 this morning. Jonah (I swear that child is part mountain goat) decided to climb in his recliner and stand in it backwards, hence flipping it over and landing on his head. Once again a huge bump, this time on the right side of his head and once again I thought my heart had stopped. It was a little tricky getting him calmed down since I am really not supposed to be lifting him, but with some creative cuddling, we managed and other than another big knot on his head, all is right again. However, I am thinking that it would not be such a bad idea to invest in some type of protective head gear, if not for the sake of his head, then for the sake of my heart!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Poor Jonah! You'd think they would learn from these bumps, but they don't ever seem to. Glad you are home and getting along with three kids. Don't scare me with any stories! JK. :)

Holly and Tj said...

Poor baby! He is going to grow up to be a tough boy if he keeps this up! Good luck!

Celeste said...

Fire PLace hearth, table, wall, off horse and into car, ran into Wade's bumber saturday. The ER informed us after the horse incident that our childs head was a rock and that we were in for it!! I guess you are in the same boat.