Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Belly Buttons

Micah lost his umbilical cord at some point during the night last night. When I got up with him around four, it was no longer attached. I found it later in the foot of his sleeper. He now has a very cute little belly button. Losing his cord has been the least dramatic of all of my children.
I remember when I brought Noah home from the hospital and I worried so much about his umbilical cord. His just would not fall off. He had gotten old enough that he was reaching down and pulling on it, so we took him back to the doctor to see what they would do. They used some type of chemical that caused it to fall off right then.
Jonah lost his when he was about a week old, but he cried so much as a infant that he developed an umbilical hernia. It looked like a very large 'outie' belly button. Fortunately, it went away on its own as he got older.
I am really glad to see Micah's belly button healed, especially as we are going first thing in the morning for his circumcision. Good to only have to worry about one thing at a time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for little girls, no circumcision! I am dying to come see the newest addition, but wanted to let ya'll get settled back in. Call me sometime soon- sam enumber as always! Love ya'll- Peggy

My email deleted your address- can you send me it again? ;)