Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dr. Visits

Yesterday was Jonah's appointment with the dermatologist at MUSC. We had really been looking forward to this visit in hopes that there would be something new that we had not already tried to heal his skin. Turns out we have tried everything and the suggestions that we got yesterday were things that we have been trying for over a year that have not yet helped. At this point I am sick of hearing doctors tell me what I already know, so I think we are done with dermatologists for a while. Hopefully Jonah will outgrow the eczema soon.
Micah has still been sniffling and his left eye has just been a mess with yucky stuff running out of it and nearly sealing it shut. Since we were already in Charleston yesterday, I took him by to see our pediatrician. Turns out there is not really much they can do for the congestion, but he has a plugged tear duct in his left eye that has become infected. We got a prescription for some antibiotics to put in his eye that should clear up the infection soon and the tear duct (hopefully) will heal on its own.
On a good note...Micah is now at 21 and 1/2 inches and weighs well over ten pounds. It seems like Micah is growing up so much faster than my other two did. I guess it is sort of like time going faster the older you get. I haven't figured out how to slow it down yet!

1 comment:

butterbean_girl said...

When CJ was about seven weeks old her eye also started with yucky stuff running out of it and it was almost swollen shut. We gave her some drops that are usually given for pink eye and it cleared up very quickly. It happened again a couple of months ago but I think it was due more to a cold she had that time. We didn't use any drops that time, just used a warm wash cloth to keep it clean and it cleared up a few days later. A girl I worked with at the bank had to have surgery done on her little boy's blocked tear duct and it fixed it!