Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Bit About Micah

I love watching Micah and comparing how different he is from my other two boys, yet how so many things are the same. For instance, all of my children have loved to be swaddled. If they are a little restless, all it takes is to wrap them up tight in a blanket and they are calm in an instant. (My Aunt Dale taught Joe how to swaddle an infant when Noah was born and he has become the pro swaddler in the house) Noah loved his fleece blankets, but Micah refuses to lay on a fleece blanket. For him it has to be a stretchy cotton one.

Jonah always prefered to sleep on his side or tummy, he never would stay on his back. Even as an infant, if I put him on his back, he would somehow manage to flip over to his side. Micah does not like to lay on his tummy or his side. He would much rather be put down on his back, which is a good thing because of the SIDS issue.

Noah never used a passy. I finally got Jonah to take one when he was about a month old, but he never got attached and gave it up around nine months. Micah still does not seem to want his, so I am not going to push it on him.

As far as looks go, I think Micah looked a lot like Noah when he was first born, but now I don't see that quite as much. I recently looked back over our photo album and I am amazed at how much Jonah is resembling Noah when he was about a year and a half old.

As I read back over some of my more recent posts, it seems like I have been complaining on here a lot lately. I am not sure why that is because things really are going well. We are all enjoying having Micah home with us. Both Noah and Jonah are great big brothers. Noah loves to hold Micah and thinks it is great when he goes to sleep in his arms. Jonah must kiss Micah about one hundred times a day and his new favorite word is "baby". Everyone pitched in around the house to make things easier on me as I recovered from the c-section. I have recovered quickly and am actually doing everything that I was before I had the surgery. All in all, life here is different than before, but in a very good way!

No comments: