Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A First Time For Everything

This is Noah's first week back at school since the baby. Yesterday went well. I waited until Jonah was down for his nap and Micah had just been fed, so Noah and I had the afternoon to ourselves. Today we were not so lucky. Jonah only slept for thirty minutes at naptime (barely enough time to drag all the school stuff out) and Micah decided that he needed to spend over an hour enjoying a late lunch. This means that I homeschooled a five year old, and nursed a newborn, and entertained a sixteen month old with a flashlight...all at the same time. Talk about multi-tasking! It is a good thing Mom came over this morning and let me get a little sleep or I would have pulled my hair out by the time we were done.
While Mom was here this morning she took pictures of Noah and Jonah's new haircuts. I see that she already posted them. I should have taken a video of the cutting process. Jonah would not sit still and Joe was about to have a nervous breakdown. I laughed until I had to leave the room because it was hurting my incision so much. I waited as long as possible before cutting Jonah's hair because I knew it would make him look so grown up. After the cutting was over, I looked at Jonah and said, "I don't have a baby anymore." Noah looked up at me like I was crazy and said, "Momma, that is okay, you just brought home a new one!"
Yes, of the four males in the house, Micah does have the most hair now. He has hair ALL OVER! His ears are furrier than a puppy dog's ears. Joe threatened to cut Micah's hair while he had the scissors out the other day, but I put my foot down. I suffered with heartburn in order for him to get that hair, and by golly he is keeping it until it falls out on its own!

No comments: