Saturday, June 20, 2009

One Brave Woman

Those are the words I would use to describe my mother, (who was so gracious to come over and watch my children tonight so Joe could take me out ALONE to celebrate my birthday) since she is the one who was brave enough to attempt this photo this evening. A nearly twenty month old wearing a crazy hat and wielding a bat is not my idea of a good photo opportunity.
That is not however why I wanted to post this particular picture. I am posting the picture to show what happens when a nearly twenty month old dives off of the couch head first onto a cardboard box. Luckily it did not actually hurt his eye, just banged up the area under and around his eye. I don't think that "cautious" is a word we will ever use in describing Jonah, and I still think we should invest in some good protective head gear.

4 comments:

grammyjoan said...

Tighten your seatbelts, I am afraid it is only beginning!

Holly and Tj said...

He is so cute, he can't be that bad!

Melissa said...

Was that from the "head over head over toes"? LOL

Denise said...

No Melissa, an entirely different incident. I think the child is just accident prone. He fell off of the top bunk this morning...I didn't even know he could get up there!