Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Privacy Fence

Our backyard is STILL not fully fenced! Joe has really been working hard to get it done, but there are so many other pressing needs that the fence keeps getting pushed to the back burner. Most of it is finished though and it should only take one more full day of working to get it complete.
Thus far, I have only discovered one flaw in the fence design. Six foot is about a foot too high. The problem with a privacy fence is that I can not see what my neighbors are doing. Once again I say that I am not a nosy neighbor, it would drive anyone crazy to hear voices or a tractor out in the field and not be able to see what is going on!
Joe thinks it is hilarious because he is tall enough to see over the fence and I can't. This would not bother me except for the fact that he won't use his God given height to look over and tell me what the neighbors are doing out there.
However, my husband is very ingenious. Remember the solution he invented to my trash can dilemma? Well he has come up with yet another redneck solution. He bought two wooden ladders at the auction and has propped them up against the privacy fence so that I can climb up and look over.
Why two ladders? I'm so very glad you asked! He says he plans to put boards up between them to create a type of scaffolding so that I can walk back and forth along the fence line checking things out. I seriously doubt that will ever happen as I really am not a nosy neighbor. However, if you happen to drive by and see a head sticking up over my fence, don't worry it is just me trying out my new ladders!

4 comments:

grammyjoan said...

It will be fun to see what your solution is for keeping Jonah from climbing up and down the ladders! I guess you could always tie a big heavy weight to him to keep him down.

Holly and Tj said...

you're not nosy, just curious, right?!

Melissa said...

I thought the same thing about the ladders--that the boys would try and climb them!
I've experienced the same thing with our fence. I hear people talking and I feel like I can't say hello because we can't see each other. Remember Home Improvement and the guy always hiding behind the fence? That's us now! Except we can't see over at all.

Terry said...

Have you ever considered having Joe drill you a few, small peep holes in the fence? Maybe you could build a scaffold the lenght of the fence and "The Boys" could play lookout from their fort!!!Maybe Joe could find a Periscope--not sure of the spelling--at the auction and you could play submarine with the boys!!! Maybe you could just get your neighbors started on emails and start chatting on line with them to get the story straight from the "Horse's Mouth". Whatever you do, I am sure you will find some ideal way of knowing what is going on the outside of the world.
Love,
Aunt Terry