Thursday, August 14, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Noah finished up his last swim lesson of the summer on Saturday. As much as he likes swimming, I think he and his swimming coach were glad to see the lessons end. On the last day of classes, he told his coach that he just couldn't kick and use his arms at the same time because the water kept getting in his way. He also says that he can't put his head under the water because he might see something that he is not supposed to see! Even after his second summer of lessons, he still is not as comfortable in the water as I would like for him to be. I think it is because he really does not get that many opportunities to swim in a pool.
Some friends, Jerry and Kathleen Mixson, just had an in ground pool installed. Joe was off from work on Monday because of a doctor's appointment, so I convinced him to go swimming with the boys, my mom, and I at Jerry and Kathleen's house. We all had a good time and discovered that while Noah may still be a bit hesitant about going under the water, Jonah has no such reservations. For a child who hates a bath as much as he does, he certainly does love the pool!

1 comment:

Celeste said...

If you want i could give Noah a few pointers. I use to teach at the country club when i was in high school. And you wouldn't have to pay me!! I love the water and apparently Tres is gonna be a fish in water just like I was.