Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Out of Gas

Noah and I had an interesting adventure Saturday evening. Noah had been invited to a "Back To School Bash" at Carter's Ford Church. We decided that Joe and Jonah would go to the auction while I took Noah to his party and then we would meet up at the auction later. We ran out the door late as usual. I knew that I was getting low on gas, but my gas light had not yet come on, so I figured I still had several miles to go. Let me say here that I DESPISE pumping gas. I will ride on fumes for 50 miles if there is a possibility that at the end of those 50 miles Joe will be with me to pump my gas for me. I was planning on waiting until we left the auction and having him stop by the gas station with me on the way home to pump my gas.
It did not work out quite as I had planned. After the party, Noah and I had gotten just down the road, on our way to the auction, when my car shut off. For the first time in my life, I actually ran out of gas! I was able to pull over to the side of the road and called Joe to come and get us. Noah was so funny. As cars were passing us he kept saying, "I am getting madder and madder! Why isn't anybody stopping to help us? If I saw a car sitting by the road, I would go get my tractor and pull them home. I can't believe they aren't stopping."
It only took Joe about five minutes to get there with a can of gas. My sweet husband did not say a word, just put some gas in my car, followed me to the gas station and pumped my gas for me. My excuse for running out of gas is that my gas light never came on, but as it turns out, I ride around with my gas light on so often that the bulb is burned out!

4 comments:

butterbean_girl said...

Don't feel bad. My gas light works but my gas gauge does not work. I have ran out of gas twice in the past couple of years.

grammyjoan said...

Noah is going to be a very valuable person to live in the community; he's going to be the first one in line to give assistance with auto trouble, dog, farm & equipment,just any type of problems!

Melissa said...

Another class Denise story. hehe
You crack me up!

Denise C said...

Lol that is so funny! We do the same thing...Wade waits until he is on fumes to ask me for some gas money. But I'm the same way. I hate getting gas unless I have to go somewhere.