Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dirty Jobs

I don't know what has been causing it, because we are very careful about what Jonah eats, but he has been having some diapers that make me think he is rotting from the inside out. I thought maybe it was because I am pregnant and my smeller is more sensitive these days, but my Mom and Joe have noticed it as well. The smell is like nothing I have ever come across before. Today, as I was holding my breath for a world record trying to change the diaper of a baby who no longer wants to lay still to be cleaned up, Noah walked in the room. He took one whiff and said, "Now this is a dirty job, I think we should call Mike Rowe!" Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe is Noah's absolute favorite show and he begs to stay up every Tuesday night to watch it. The way he made the comment and the expression on his face was so funny that I had to burst out laughing, which led me to then inhale, which led me to then gag from the smell. When is the earliest that a baby can be potty trained? I don't know how much longer I am going to be able to change diapers if this smell continues. Maybe I will call Mike Rowe, I am sure this smell would rival any he has come across.

4 comments:

grammyjoan said...

You are going to have to make certain to preserve this blog so the boys will be able to read about themselves when they are older!

Melissa said...

What a funny guy you have on your hands! This would be another reason why you choose the disposable diapers! :-)

Celeste said...

Don;t feel bad it must be his age. Tres has been doing the same thing, except his seem to get a little runny off and on. Mrs. Terry had to change on for me the other day because I thought I was going to puke.

Denise said...

Melissa,
If he did that in a cloth diaper, it would quickly become a disposable diaper, I don't care how much it cost!