Thursday, August 14, 2008

No More Passy

Since Noah never used a pacifier, I have never had to break a child from a pacifier before and I wasn't even sure how to start. Sunday before last, we lost Jonah's pacifier and did not find it until that Tuesday. He really didn't use his pacifier all that much and I figured that if he had gone two days without it, he may as well just give it up. We are now two weeks into the no pacifier thing and it really has not been bad at all. Of course I have no idea how he will react when he comes into contact with another child who still has one. Any tips?

2 comments:

Denise C said...

I wish I would have done it much earlier!!! Brianna demands for her passy now especially since she sees where I put it. But I'm just going to let her give it up when she wants to. The next one I'll try it earlier =).

Celeste said...

Tres really only uses his now to teeth on and sometimes to fall asleep. Thats how I tell when he is out, the paci falls out. But, even though he doesn't use it that often, if he comes in contact with Bailee and she has hers, he wants it!! I now have a question, how do I break Tres of wanting to sleep with us? It is not all the tim, but boy when he wants to I swear he can scream for hours and then as soon as I put him in bed with us he's out. If i try to put him back in the playpen he screams again. HELP!!