Monday, May 26, 2008

The Strawberry Barn

Noah has been wanting to go Breland's Strawberry Barn and pick his own strawberries since the season opened back in March. Today we finally made it out there. It's a good thing to, because they close the last day of this month. Joe is still hobbling around on his hurt foot, so he and Jonah sat in the shade while Noah and I took a basket into the field and started picking. I thought that Noah would tire quickly and I would end up doing most of the picking, but he really got into it and our basket was soon overflowing. I nearly had to drag him away from the field. This is what I heard all the way back to the barn:
Momma, look at that one...We have to get that one... Oh, we HAVE to get that one...Boy, that is a big berry now... We can fit more in here... Just squish 'em down a little...Trust me, it won't hurt nothin'... Throw out those little ones and just let me get this one big one... Mmmm, I bet these things here are gonna taste good now... Man, do you see how shiny that one is?
We both had a great time and I even remembered to take a few pictures. I don't know if we will get back before the season closes this year, but we will definitely make a return trip next year. We had some of the berries for lunch and in Noah's words, "them berries sure did taste good!"
At first, Noah was not very discriminatory when filling his basket.

"This is the biggest strawberry I ever seen in my whole life."


The pre-picked strawberries...These just wouldn't do for him!

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Alas, I don't believe I will make it this year, which royally stinks. Strawberries are my fav. I would like to try and go Friday, but we'll have to see.