Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Love Offering

Granny Faye called tonight. The women's group at church decided that their love offering this month should go to our family. They feel that we could use it since Jonah has been so sick. I can't help but have hesitations about this. I appreciate their concern, but feel so guilty about taking this offering. Of course finances have been tight lately, but haven't they been that way for all of us? I can think of so many who would definitely deserve this gift more than us, who are going though unthinkable trials. However, for some reason, our name was mentioned to receive this offering. Mom says that although sometimes it is hard to accept gifts, refusing them is robbing the giver of the blessing of giving. So I guess I will do just that. I will accept this gift for what it was intended, helping out with Jonah's unexpected expenses, and be grateful that we have a church community that cares deeply for us.

No comments: