Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Yard Sale Prep

We are planning a multi-family yard sale this weekend so it is time to clean house and get rid of excess! Today Noah and I started on his toys. We went though everything one by one classifying it as either sell, toss, keep, or give to Jonah. I have no idea how we have accumulated so many toys. Before Noah was even born I said we were going to have a rule in the house that if you get one new toy, then you would have to get rid of one old one. In theory that sounds great, but it obviously is not the easiest rule to enforce. However, Noah is really into earning money and was very willing to part with toys to sell. As I would hold up toys one at a time, Noah would direct into which bin the toys were to be placed. We did come across one problem, many of the toys in the house are toys either from Joe's childhood or toys that Joe purchased in adulthood. About every third toy I would hold up Noah would say "I can't sell that one, that is Daddy's toy." I soon realized that I needed a bin labeled Daddy's toys! In the end we tossed a lot of junk, filled Jonah's toy bin with plenty of "new" toys, gathered a big box of toys to sell, left Noah with plenty of toys of his own, and kept all of Daddy's toys safe until the next time I get the urge to clean out!

4 comments:

Denise C said...

Yea ya'll do have ALOT of toys...alot of little pieces that go to things lol. Brianna had fun with Noah yesterday. I haven't had a chance to post about it in my blog yet. But I'll be at the yard sale too. I'm going to try and help as much as Brianna will let me haha.

Denise said...

Yeah another reason we HAD to go through the toys was to remove all of the ones with small parts that could hurt Jonah. It is completly different trying to baby proof a house when you have a four-year old as well!

grammyjoan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grammyjoan said...

I really didn't think that rule about the toys would fly five years ago but........ We are all guilty of buying our little guys things they don't need because "it's only a couple of dollars", but it catches up with you pretty quick. Gotta love it!