Saturday, June 7, 2008

Night Off

I got a rare treat tonight. Joe stayed home with both boys and gave me the night off. I did not know what to do with myself so I went to the auction. It is evident from the things I bought, that while I was there I kept thinking about my family at home. I don't think I did too bad at the auction tonight. I spent $8.50 and brought home a Lightning McQueen tent for Noah, three board games and one puzzle for Noah, a stroller and nice walker for Jonah, a push along toy for Jonah, a sno-cone machine for Joe, and a candle holder and afghan for myself. Of course some of these things were in box lots and so I had to take the other stuff that came with them. My 'other stuff' consists of two VCR's (I don't know if they work or not), a water hose reel, corn dishes, VCR tape holder, two shoe racks, and a bowling ball and size 10 1/2 bowling shoes in a leather case. I guess now I have something to put on free-cycle! Anyway, I had fun bidding. When I got home, Jonah was asleep. Joe is putting Noah down now and said when he gets done he will watch 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers' with me. I can't believe my luck, first a night off, and now I get to watch my favorite movie with my hubby! I really am excited about all of this, but I just read back over what I wrote and am wondering when I got so old and corny.

2 comments:

Denise C said...

Sounds like I need to come to that auction!! You got some really good stuff for $8.50! When is it? Can just anyone come? That's so sweet that Joe did that for you. Mom's need time off just like Daddy's do and sometimes they don't understand that (or atleast mine doesn't). Tell Joe he needs to give Wade lessons =). I hope ya'll had a nice night together.

grammyjoan said...

Denise, you should have dragged your old worn out Moma with you, maybe some of your good luck would have worn off on me! I'm glad you had a great time.