Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Birthday

TO ME!!! The dreaded day has finally arrived. The big '30' is here. For as long as I can remember I have dreaded turning thirty. I guess it just felt so old. For me life has always been divided into two categories: before thirty and after thirty. I don't know if other people do this or not, but I had a list of things I wanted to accomplish before I turned thirty. I called it my youth list, it covered things such as college, traveling, and other "life experiences". I felt like thirty was the time that I would make a new list...an adult list. Well, most of the items on my before thirty list have been crossed off, and I have begun to revise my opinion of my adult list. I realize now that I have just begun the most important things in my life here on earth. I don't regret in any way the things I did before thirty, those things have made me who I am and prepared me for the work ahead, but at the end of this life, it is not going to matter how many degrees I had or how traveled I was, but rather the way I raised my family and impacted the world around me. Well, enough of my ramblings...I need to go work on a before forty list!

2 comments:

butterbean_girl said...

Happy Birthday! I was thinking of you Saturday. I'm sure those two little boys and big husband of yours will keep your before forty days very interesting, busy, and fun! Would you have it any other way? :-)

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! Time is just going way too fast!