Thursday, June 5, 2008

Missing Little Joe's Trucking

Joe is settling into his new job well but I can tell that he misses Little Joe's Trucking. This evening I asked him to bring me a small trailer to the house so that I could load all of my yard sale items. I wanted to get them all packed up since we are starting bright and early in the morning. When he brought the trailer to the house, I could not believe what I was seeing. He had hooked up a forty-eight foot flatbed trailer behind his Peterbilt and was ready to load my items and deliver them! I don't know what he was thinking...I could fit everything in my house onto a forty-eight foot trailer. We loaded the ten or so boxes I had packed (taking up less than five of the forty-eight feet) and he pulled out of the drive, with me shaking my head and following him in my car. He really just wanted a chance to drive his truck. This just proves to me again that Joe is all trucker to the core and I don't think that will ever change. It does keep life interesting!

1 comment:

grammyjoan said...

Proves that you can "TAKE THE MAN OUT OF THE TRUCK" but you can't "TAKE THE TRUCK OUT OF THE MAN". I pray that Joe is able to get back into his own trucking. Everyone needs to be able to do what they love doing for a living.