Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Crickets, Crickets, And More Crickets

As I posted earlier, we had a short fishing trip on Sunday. Joe had purchased a container of fifty crickets for us to use fishing. Since we did not fish long, we had many left over. Noah decided that he was going to keep the container of crickets and let them sleep in his room. This worked well until yesterday. Hunter was over for a visit and he and Noah were playing in the living room. Jonah was sitting in his walker watching the two older boys play. I got an important phone call and walked out of the room so that I could hear a little better. I couldn't have been gone more than three minutes at the most. When I walked back into the room, there were crickets EVERYWHERE! They were even jumping across my ceiling. For some insane reason, the boys had tried to get one cricket out (to play with) and accidentally let the whole bunch loose. As everyone scrambled to catch the crickets, Jonah just sat there watching in amazement. Surprisingly, they caught most of them. I can't remember how many we used fishing, I can't be positive that Jonah didn't eat one, and I don't know for sure if there were exactly fifty in the container so I will never really know how many are still lose in my house. I know that at least one went down the air vent in the front room and I still hear one chirping occasionally in the kitchen. Once again, I guess this is all a part of raising boys. At least it is never dull!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh no! I wonder how long it will live in your house before it dies?

Denise said...

I think it is already dead...I haven't heard a chirp in a while.