Sunday, April 27, 2008

Rice Festival

This weekend was the annual Rice Festival in town. The boys and I went Friday afternoon to enjoy the kids programs. We parked at Dad's house and he walked with us downtown. We watched the "Animals That Educate" show and visited the petting zoo. Next time I will take my own animal food so I don't have to shell out a dollar for each handful of food that Noah feeds the llama. Noah also rode the pony. (The only digital camera we have is on my phone and it doesn't take great pictures.) Anyway, Noah wasn't very impressed with the pony. I tried to get him to wave, but he refused to let go of the saddle horn! It did not help that the county decided to spray for mosquitoes with one of those low flying airplanes at the same time, so the ponies were a bit spooked. After all the animals, we went to visit the giant pot of rice and get a sample. Can you believe they ran out of rice!! How does a RICE Festival run out of RICE? Around five, Joe brought Granny Faye to town to join us. We went out to eat with Dad, Linda, my cousin Nick, and his girlfriend Nikki. After dinner we watched the festival's firework show. All in all, it was a great day and I believe a good time was had by everyone. After such a big day, the boys both slept very well Friday night. I guess that is worth any amount of money I had to pay for animal feed!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You know they are rationing rice now? There is a major shortage.

Denise said...

Yeah, I went to our Walmart after that and there was not even one bag on the shelf. I thought it as because of the festival, but I guess it is that way everywhere.

grammyjoan said...

I guess I should put off buying that cowboy outfit for Noah, huh!
Still a cute picture.