Saturday, April 19, 2008

Five Years Today

Today is the day. Five years ago today Joe and I pledged ourselves to each other. I love remembering our wedding. Our original plans were to have a small ceremony in the backyard accompanied by a barbecue. What evolved was an amazing plantation wedding that surpassed my dreams. It is still the most beautiful wedding I have ever attended. One of these days we plan to go back to Bonnie Doone Plantation to celebrate our anniversary.
If you had asked me on my wedding day what my life would look like in five years, there is no way that I would have described my life as it is now. I never imagined that we would be this blessed. Who would have known that within 24 hours God would have began the biggest surprise of my life? Joe and I spent the next nine months cherishing the time we had alone, knowing that we would not experience it again for at least eighteen years. When Noah was born in January of 2004 we realized that we loved being parents just as much as we loved being married. That love was magnified with Jonah's birth last October. I loved my husband on the day that I married him, but that could never compare to the love that I feel for him today.
To My Joseph, I love you for being my best friend, my provider, my rock, my confidant, my love, and the father to our children. Thank you for the last five years. I still love every minute our marriage.

2 comments:

grammyjoan said...

That's so sweet, what a testimony to the establishment of marriage!
I only wish everyone could feel such happiness in marriage and children ; Pop and I are blessed to have that also.

Melissa said...

Aww! How sweet! What a lovely wedding picture! I wish I could see more. One of these days we need to get together.