Thursday, April 17, 2008

Did I Really Do That?

I had to work today. Kellie Mixson, Noah's favorite sitter was going to watch the boys. I spent a long time last night getting everything ready to take to the sitter so that I would not forget anything in the morning rush to get out of the house. We all got up on time, had breakfast, got everyone and everything buckled into the car and were out of the drive right on time. Both boys were in a great mood this morning. Noah and I talked about all sorts of things while Jonah cooed and squealed at us. It is usually a thirty minute drive to work. We had been on the road for about fifteen minutes when I realized that I had forgotten one crucial thing, Kellie lives about four minutes from my house. I had forgotten to drop the boys off! It is not that I forgot they were in the car, I was talking to them the whole time. I simply forgot that they could not come to work with me. After a good laugh with Noah and an illegal u-turn, we headed back to Kellie's house. I did make it to work on time but I still can't believe I almost took my children with me.

1 comment:

Holly and Tj said...

This is kinda like the time you forgot to untie the trashcans from the truck, only less dramatic! Just kidding! I probably wouldn't have realized it until I got to work!