Monday, April 28, 2008

Noah's Haircut

The boys and I made a trip into town today to get Noah's hair cut. I gave the beautician the same instructions that I always give; Cut it as short as you can. Noah's hair grows really fast and haircuts are too expensive to have to get one every couple of weeks. Anyway, I think she did a great job. On the way home Noah was looking at himself intently in the mirror. He must have caught me watching him, because this is the dialogue that followed...

Noah: Mom, why is my forehead so big?
Me: What are you talking about? Your forehead is the same size it always was.
Noah: But it reaches all the way up to my hair!
Me: Your forehead is supposed to reach your hair. You would look funny if it didn't.
Noah: My head feels bigger.
Me: You head is not bigger, your hair is just littler.
Noah: Oh; well it still feels bigger.

It was at this point that I decided not to answer. There are just some arguments that you can not win with a four year old.

No comments: