Sunday, December 27, 2009

Bumps And Bruises

Jonah has once again proven to us that he needs to be in full body armor at all times. Tonight we decided to put some pork chops on the grill. Joe was out back getting the grill ready while I was in the kitchen getting the rest of supper done. Noah was out riding his new bike through the mud, Micah was eating Cheerios off the floor, and Jonah was standing at the back door feeding the dog leftovers...with a spoon. Pretty normal evening at my house. All of a sudden I heard several thumps. By the time I reached the back door, Jonah was at the bottom of the steps on top of the dog. Joe got to Jonah before I did and said that he saw the whole thing but could not get there in time to catch him. Jonah had lost his balance and both he and the dog went for a quick trip to the bottom of the steps. Jonah ended up with a scrape down the side of his face, a bump on his arm, and a cut right on the top of his head. Add that to the cold that he already had and he has turned into a horrible crank! Hopefully all will be feeling better soon.

2 comments:

**TRACY** said...

Sounds like a normal day at my house too, except we don't have a dog (because we got my kids a baby brother instead, but that excuse is starting to wear off). We do have a hermit crab and once, not long ago, Jon Tyler tried to eat him.

I do hope Jonah feels better soon! We were at Rice Patch Sunday and I hoped to see you! Maybe next time!

Denise said...

Tracy,
LOL at the hermit crab! Sorry I missed you Sunday. All three (four if you count the hubby) boys were sick so I went to Sunday school and skipped church.