Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Busy Season

One live nativity, four Christmas programs, two family reunions, Christmas shopping, one school Christmas party, Christmas caroling, and two birthday parties....this all in addition to our regularly scheduled programing! It has already been a busy month for us indeed.

This morning I woke up feeling like the rush was over. We are ready. The gifts are wrapped and under the tree, the Christmas cards have been sent, and the house is clean (relatively speaking... remember that I do have three children). I stayed up late last night making sure everything was finished. Now it is time to slow down and take in the rest of the Christmas season. This week will be about enjoying our family while remembering the true Reason we are celebrating to begin with.

We will take time this week to finish reading all of our Christmas books, to laugh at the way Jonah sings Christmas carols, to discuss those important questions that Noah has been asking more and more of, and to watch Micah try and fit the baby Jesus from the nativity scene into his mouth just one more time. So pardon me while I am away for a few days, it is time for me to slow down, make memories with my family, and really contemplate God's incredible love for us.

3 comments:

Michelle Bryan said...

Thank you for being the parents who step away from distractions this time of year to make memories with your family and teach your boys what Christmas is really about. I am thankful that my parents did that, and hopefully one day your boys will realize how fortunate they are as well. There are so many parents who push their kids off on others this time of hear so they can focus on themselves. Merry Christmas!

Michelle Bryan said...

Thank you for being the parents who step away from distractions this time of year to make memories with your family and teach your boys what Christmas is really about. I am thankful that my parents did that, and hopefully one day your boys will realize how fortunate they are as well. There are so many parents who push their kids off on others this time of hear so they can focus on themselves. Merry Christmas!

Melissa said...

Loved this post! I stayed up late last night too, but I'm not nearly as ahead of the game as you!
Have a very Merry Christmas!!