Friday, February 20, 2009

Pappy

Noah thinks that my Dad is the smartest man in the world. Anytime he asks a question that Joe or myself do not have a ready anwer for, he says, "Well, I will just have to remember to ask Pappy." It doesn't bother me that he looks up to my Dad, but our conversation just the other day let me know where I ranked on his "smartness list".

Noah: What did Pappy used to be?
Me: I don't know what you mean.
Noah: What did he used to do? Was he a scientist or something?
Me: No, he has never been a scientist.
Noah: Well then how did he get so smart?
Me: Pappy went to school and he reads a lot of books.
Noah: Did he go to school for a long time?
Me: Yes, he went to school for a good many years.
Noah: Well, I figured he must have gone a lot longer than you!

Nothing like an honest five year old to crush your ego.

No comments: