Monday, February 9, 2009

Our Baby This Week

Our baby is still packing on the pounds - at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost six pounds. The baby center website says that is like a crenshaw melon, whatever that is. He should be more than 18 1/2 inches long. At the end of this week our baby will be considered full term. Most likely he is in a head down position, but it doesn't really matter if he isn't because I will be having a c-section anyway.
My NST went much better today than it did on Thursday. The baby was active and the doctor seemed pleased. My due date is still set for the 27th of February, but that is still subject to change. I have my next NST this Thursday.
I can't believe how time has flown by. The idea of bringing home another baby in just 18 days is really starting to scare me. Yikes! How am I going to handle having three children? I know that it will all come together, but right now with it looming ahead of me, things seem a bit daunting.

2 comments:

grammyjoan said...

We have the utmost confidence in your ability to handle it. I sure am getting excited about this new baby and can't wait to hold him.

Melissa said...

Wow, your pregnancy really seemed to go fast for me. I hope mine goes fast too!