Tuesday, February 17, 2009

One Year Of Blogging

Hard to believe that I wrote my first blog post one year ago today. I never thought that I would be able to keep up with it, but it sounded like such a neat idea that I just had to try. The thing is, I have really enjoyed writing and it has not taken nearly as much time as I thought that it would. It helps that my boys give me plenty of ideas to write about!

I really enjoy reading the comments that everyone leaves. So at my one year anniversary, I would like to know what you like and dislike about my blog. What would you like to read more of, less of, etc.

The main complaint that I have heard over the past year is that I tend to write more about my boys and husband than I do about myself. Hello? My life pretty much revolves around them, and that was sort of the point of my blog in the first place, but I am going to try to post all about me today. Maybe you will learn something about me that you did not know, maybe not. Anyway, I saw this on my friend Melissa's blog, thought it was neat and decided to try it out.

You might be proud to know that I... ALWAYS write thank you notes.

You might be suprised to know that I... usually forget to mail the thank you notes I have written.

You might already know that I... have a really messy house.

You should probably know that I... think it is more important (and more fun) to play with my children than pick up toys.

You may not believe it when I tell you that... thirteen years ago today is the very first time that Joe kissed me. Typical guy that he is, he can't even remember it!

You might have always wondered why I... am deathly afraid of birds. I couldn't tell you. I have always wondered it myself!

You might think "it figures" when you consider that I... am no longer allowed to take the trash can to the road. This is partly because I am very pregnant but mostly because Joe does not want to have to purchase another one!

You might wonder about my sanity if you knew that I... would love to have a dozen children.

You might think I'm wierd if you knew that I... eat pickles on my grilled cheese sandwich.

You might laugh to know that I... eat pickles on my grilled cheese even when I am not pregnant.

You might roll your eyes when you know that I... refuse to drink out of the bathroom sink. What if the pipes get confused and I end up drinking toilet water? Gross!

So there it is, all about me. It was harder than I thought. Hope you have enjoyed reading this past year. We will see how much I will be able to post with three kids in the house soon!

4 comments:

butterbean_girl said...

On this one year anniversary I will say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog. It's a way to keep up with what's going on in your life when in this busy world we don't get to see you very often. I have laughed out loud so many times at some of the things you blog about (especially the trash can adventure). I enjoy looking at the pictures you post. Maybe one day when we have access to DSL here in Fairfax I will start a blog as well!

Holly and Tj said...

We love reading about the boys and the things happening at home. You are so vivid with your writing that it almost feels like we are there.

Melissa said...

I can't believe it has already been a year! Way to go! I love reading your blog too. :) The trash can hauling post was my favorite.

grammyjoan said...

I don't know that I have a favorite blog of yours but I have enjoyed reading about all of them, even when I hear about it before the blog. Keep up the good work!