Saturday, February 21, 2009

Contractions???

Nope, just a stomach virus! Wednesday night I thought I was going into labor. I was home by myself with the boys and started having horrible stomach pains. I called Joe who said he would not be home for about an hour, then called my Mom. She came and stayed with me until Joe got there and then took the boys home with her for the night in case we ended up at the hospital. Turns out I just had a stomach virus, no baby yet!
However, it was good practice for letting the boys spend the night somewhere without Joe or myself with them. They did just fine. It was exciting for them to get to spend the night with Grammy and Pa. They were both very willing participants.
Have I mentioned how great my Mom is? When she brought the boys home on Thursday, she stayed with me and helped me clean house and get more things ready for the baby to come home. Then she kept Jonah while Noah and I went to see my doctor Thursday afternoon. The NST showed the baby was doing just fine and once again, I am good to go for three more days. I have to be back at the office Monday morning for yet another NST. If this one goes well, then I will see the doctor on Thursday and we will have a baby on Friday.
Time sure has flown by. This is my last weekend with out an infant in the house! I am getting so excited. I have been having trouble sleeping anyway because I am huge and can't get comfortable, but now added to that, my mind is running in a million different directions. I guess the no sleep now is good preparation for the many sleepless nights to come!

2 comments:

Holly and Tj said...

Mom is great isn't she! I wish we could be there! I am sure everyone here is tired of hearing about ya'll and every time they talk to me they ask if Denise has had the baby yet! We can't wait!

Melissa said...

I hope you can send pictures to us from the hospital! :)