Saturday, May 8, 2010

10 Centimeters

My brother ad his wife came for a visit a couple of weeks ago. My boys L.O.V.E. love Uncle Tj and Aunt Holly and have a major case of hero worship when it comes to Uncle Tj. Everything Uncle Tj does is cool and has to be imitated. Take for example Noah's new buzz cut...he had to look like Uncle Tj.
This really does not bother me. I am not jealous of my brother's cool factor in the least. I am glad that my kids look up to him, I just wish that they would not repeat everything he says.
This time when my brother was home, he was privileged to be at the hospital when his sister-in-law gave birth to her first child. My brother was fascinated by the "board" on the wall that showed the progression of childbirth and was amazed that a woman's body was capable of doing such things. (I happen to think that ten centimeters is not large at all...have you seen the size of what has to come out of that ten centimeter opening?)
Unfortunately Noah was paying too close attention and now thinks it is appropriate to start a conversation with "Do you know how big ten centimeters is?" Of course my Mother-in-law happened to be the first one that he tried out his new line on. He even held out his fingers just like Uncle Tj had showed him to demonstrate the actual size of ten centimeters.
Thanks Tj....I owe you one.