Monday, March 24, 2008

Yet Another Doctor's Visit

I know it seems that all I do is write about doctors and puke, but lately that has occupied most of our time. First let me begin by saying that Jonah is much better. We have reached the conclusion that he is allergic to soy. This week it is Noah's turn to visit the doctor.
We made it out to the egg hunt yesterday and everyone seemed to have a great time. Just as we were leaving, Noah fell. I did not see it happen and Noah's retelling of the event gets a little more dramatic every time. (Wonder where he gets it from?) Anyway, he kept complaining that his little finger was hurting. In the ten minutes or so that it took for us to get home, his pinkie finger was the size of his thumb. He was able to move the finger some, so I gave him some Tylenol and he seemed O.K. By this morning, it was even more swollen and he could not move it at all. So off we went to the doctor to see if it was broken. Thankfully it does not seem to be broken, just a severe sprain. We left with a brace and instructions for fifteen minutes of ice at least twice a day. Noah's biggest concern now is if he will have to sit still for the fifteen minutes of ice. He is trying to come up with a way to dig in the dirt and ice his hand at the same time.
I am really hoping that this will be the last time I have to write about doctors for a while. Somehow, I don't think that will happen unless I wrap the boys (including Joe) in bubble wrap and never let them leave the house!

No comments: