Sunday, March 2, 2008

False Teeth And Deviled Eggs

Today at the dinner table, while comparing whose teeth were "sharper", Uncle Roger took out his false teeth and showed them to Noah. The look on my son's face was priceless. Memories came flooding back of when I was a little girl and my Uncle Bill took his teeth out and showed them to me. I remember spending hours in front of the mirror trying to get my teeth to come out. I was sure everyone would be impressed when I learned how to do that trick.

It is amazing that the older I get, the more I want my children's childhood to be like mine. I grew up surrounded by both my Mom and Dad's very large families. As strange as they all were (and still are) I would not change that for anything.

I love that now my family has dinner every Sunday at my Grandmother's house, surrounded by lots of other family. Amidst all the chaos and arguing over who ate the most deviled eggs, my children are not only experiencing the love of their family but are making memories that they will hopefully cherish for a lifetime.

2 comments:

grammyjoan said...

Denise, I'll never forget your introduction to false teeth while you were about two years old, too young to remember. It was before the days of carseats and your granny was holding you in the front seat on a summer day with the window down when she decided to show your hers. She used her tongue to push them out just far enough for you to grab them in your little hands. I just held my breath as you went toward the open window as we were traveling and granny was able to wrestle them back from you just in time to save them from a trip out the window.
I guess that's another good reason to use carseats now!

Denise said...

I don't remember that! Uncle Roger didn't keep his out long enough yesterday or I'm sure Noah would have grabbed them and taken off!