Friday, March 21, 2008

Normal?

I really don't understand this. I thought I was fairly intelligent until today.

Count the "F's" in the following text:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-
IC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
EXPERIENCE OF YEARS...

(see below)

How many did you count?
If you are like me, you only counted three. If you are like me and read it again you will only count three. It took my third time after looking at the answer before I admitted I was wrong, there are six! Read it again. The brain cannot process "OF" - incredible or what? Supposedly anyone who counts all six "F's" on the first go is a genius. Three is normal, four is quite rare.
I thought this was way cool at first. Then my husband came in and counted six on the first try. Now I can't help but be really depressed. Not only is my husband a supposed genius, I only counted three. Counting three is "normal". I have been called many things but I don't believe "normal" has ever been one of them. I'm not saying I wanted to be genius, but quite rare would have been nice. Tell me, how many did you count? Are there any more "normal" people out there?

1 comment:

Denise C said...

I counted 3 too! I guess I'm normal too =|