Saturday, March 15, 2008

No More Soccer

Hallelujah!!! Soccer is over. Today was Noah's last game and it could not have come quick enough. Noah decided a few weeks ago that he no longer wanted to play soccer. He wanted to quit and play baseball. I refused to let him quit, thinking that I was teaching him an important lesson about finishing what you start. Boy was I in for it! I think he tried to do everything in his power to embarrass me enough that I would just take him off of the team. Last week he stood in the middle of the field and dug a hole while everyone else played soccer around him. This week was totally humiliating. I noticed that Noah seemed to be rather aggressive toward the other players. By this I mean that whenever he ran by someone he would stick his arm out to purposely hit them. This progressed to all the other players being chased off of the field by my son because they were afraid that he was going to smack them. AAARGH!! I could have died of embarrassment. By the way, Noah will NOT be playing baseball. If he runs the players off the field in soccer, just think of what he would do with a bat!

4 comments:

grammyjoan said...

I think we should wait for just a little more maturity before we give Noah a bat,and the idea of playing hockey is completely out of the question!
I think parts of the soccor was still a learning experience for him though and isn't that what part of it is about?

Holly and Tj said...

I guess we messed up with Noah's Easter basket! I should have waited a little longer to get it and then maybe we could have gotten it right!

Denise said...

As long as you didn't get him boxing gloves we will be just fine!

Celeste said...

He was just protecting his hole. He didn't want any of the other kids to mess it up. Besides according to my mom i did worse as a child with wanting to quit sports. If he really want to play ball, get him a t-ball set for easter or something, and let him play with it for a sew weeks. See how that goes.