Sunday, April 10, 2011

Love and Marriage

We had a young married couples dinner and seminar at church last night.  It was really good, we learned a lot and had tons of laughs with each other.  One of the exercises we did required us to write on an index card one thing that we did not like about our spouse.  We were to write down that one thing that drove us crazy and then turn our card over so that no-one else saw what we wrote.
Of course I knew immediately what annoyed me the most about Joe so I quickly wrote it down, turned my card over and put my pen down.  When I looked at Joe, I saw him sitting there staring at his blank card in front of him.  I felt guilty that I had come up with a negative item about him so quickly and here he was still trying to think of something negative about me.  I leaned over and put my arm around him and whispered, "It is so sweet that you are having such a hard time with this."  To which he replied, "Well he said just one thing and I'm having trouble narrowing it down!"

2 comments:

butterbean_girl said...

Oh how funny. That gave me a good laugh.

Melissa said...

LOL