Sunday, February 21, 2010

Assumptions

Late last night I heard Noah moaning and groaning in his sleep. I got up to check on him only to find him tossing and turning in bed saying that he did not feel good. I gave him a dose of Pepto and left to go get the thermometer. When I got back to check his temperature I asked him if he was feeling any better. His reply?

"Huh uh, my ears still hurt"

So the lesson for the day is two fold...don't assume you know what is wrong with your child without asking and Pepto does not work for an earache. At least I did not have to call poison control this time!

2 comments:

grammyjoan said...

You have a good excuse for that with Micah, he can't talk yet!
I guess you'll have to get a checkoff list like the doctors have and have an interview when that happens again!

**TRACY** said...

I would probably have run for the pepto as well... and then breathed an incredible sigh of relief when he said it was the ears instead. I HATE STOMACH VIRUSES! I don't think anyone loves them, but I don't think anyone hates them as much as I do. That being said, I hope he feels better!