Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Man

We built a snow man Saturday morning. It was hard work, my hands were frezing, and he looked pitiful. I let the boys tackle him without even taking a picture. I decided that we did not have enough yankee blood in us to do a snow man justice. Linny however, is a transplanted yankee and Dad sent us this picture of her snowman.

Great job Linny! In fifteen years when it snows again, you can teach us how to do that. Until then, I think we will stick with sand castles and mud pies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, maybe the boys can show me how to make a sandcastle at the beach sometime. As for another 15 years for snowman making lessons, I'm not so sure about that. The snow was melting quickly on Saturday, so had to use what was on hand to dress the "snow lady": Red berries, camilias and sea shells. There wasn't enough time to search for a hat and scarf for her. It took me three pairs of gloves by the time I had finished my creation. Ginger pulled the arms out and I had to find new sticks. After I went in, Ginger pulled the arms out again and the "snow lady" fell over. At least we captured her on film and she existed for a little while. Have a good day. Linda