Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Day

SNOW IN THE SOUTH!!!

This is the oak tree in the front yard...covered in ice.

A happy two year old, cheesing for the camera.

Jonah's first ever snow angel!


Noah rolling in the snow. How much happier can you get than that?


I guess pretending to be a dog and crawling through the snow is pretty cool as well.

We woke Micah from a nap and plopped him in the snow just so I could get a picture. He was not dressed for the cold and was not happy to be there. He did not suffer long, we grabbed him up quick and wrapped him back up in his blankie.

I knew that four inches of snow would be lots of fun, but I had no idea that four inches of snow would cause so many headaches! Our four inches of soft fluffy white stuff meant that we were without power and water for nearly twenty eight hours. We spent two nights sleeping on the floor in front of the fireplace just trying to stay warm. We gathered snow and melted it over the fire so that we would have water to flush the toilets.
I have to say that it was all worth it to see my children's faces when they woke up Saturday morning to a world covered in white.

1 comment:

**TRACY** said...

Love your pics! We were at Dad's and had a ball. I posted my pics on FB but might get some on my blog as well. We lost power, but only for a short while. Since we are not "city" folk, I forgot about the flushing the toilet thing...until we couldn't. Sorry you had to suffer longer!