Thursday, October 29, 2009

Child Locks...Part Two

Once again I have been defeated by those stupid child locks. Don't get me wrong, I think that child locks are a wonderful invention. They keep my children safe in the car until I open the door and can safely get them out. However, there are times when I wish they had never been invented. This morning was one of those times.
Today is my work outside the home day. After getting all the children buckled in with all of their various paraphernalia, (book bag and lunch for Noah, diaper bags for Jonah and Micah, and all the toys they could not live without for one day) I remembered that I had not grabbed my cell phone. I told the kids to sit tight and ran back inside. I grabbed my phone and came back to the car to a sight that made me want to just go crawl back in bed and start the whole day over. Noah has had a bit of a cold and accompanying cough. As I have mentioned before, Noah has a horrible gag reflex. He obviously started coughing as soon as I left the car and proceeded to throw up everywhere INSIDE MY CAR!!!
Noah sits in the middle, so he had tried to climb over Jonah to get out, but because of the child locks he could not get out the door. So there was puke all over the backseat and all over Jonah. Poor Jonah was just sitting there saying, "It ucky, it ucky, it ucky!"
As if that wasn't bad enough, Noah then must have realized that he could still get out of the front door of the car because he had climbed over the seats into the front seat spewing his lovely breakfast of grits and eggs all over the front of the car as well.
Joe and I have decided that we will be going back to a one vehicle household soon so we have been making our lists of what each of us wants included in the new vehicle (since we will be sharing it). His list so far is pretty extensive. My previous list was pretty simple; a bench seat in the front and four full doors. However, it has now been revised to add absolutely no child locks!

No comments: