Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Attn: Mrs. Carter

When you walked up to me at open house Thursday night and asked me if there was anything special that you needed to know about Noah, I looked down at the small pad you had in your hand (with about an inch of room under Noah's name) and thought that you must be kidding. I mean...you were kidding right?? Of course there are special things about Noah, far too many to fit on that little piece of paper you were holding.

For starters, Noah is a very bright child. He talks non-stop and uses his imagination in the most amazing ways. He thinks outside the box...sometimes way outside the box...sometimes he can't even see the box. He loves his brothers with a fierce devotion. He cries when he watches Homeward Bound. He thinks mayonnaise should have its own food group. He isn't really good at tying his shoes. He loves math. He was born a little tongue tied and still has trouble pronouncing certain letters. His favorite color is orange...always has been. He has a horrible gag reflex. His Daddy is his hero. He believes in Santa, The Tooth Fairy, and The Easter Bunny. He has yet to learn that there are mean people in the world. He has a minor obsession with trucks and tractors. Tight pants "cut off his blood pressure" and he refuses to wear them. I could go on and on...there are so many things to know about My Noah.

Then again, I know those special things about him because I am his Mom. Should you know them as well? You see, I have never put a child in school before and I am a bit if a wreck right now. In just a few hours I will be waking Noah and getting him ready for his first day of school. I should be in bed but I sit here with tears streaming down my face wondering how I am ever going to do this. I am not worried one bit about letting him walk through that door to your class room, instead I wonder how am I ever going to get myself to walk back out without him.

2 comments:

Holly and Tj said...

You made me cry! I know this doesn't even scratch the surface of how much you love Noah but I have never heard anyone put their love into words so well!

grammyjoan said...

I agree with you Holly, and it's almost impossible to make me cry with some of the medicine I take! We know the love that a Mother has for her child, and it works the same way as a Grammy!