Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lost Keys

Yesterday morning was not the best morning for me. It started out okay, I actually was early getting everyone fed, cleaned, dressed, and buckled into their car seats ready to take Noah to school and then do some shopping in town before picking Noah up after school. As I climbed into my seat and reached to turn the ignition, I realized that I did not have my car keys. I had used them once already that morning and knew that I had put them in my pocket...but alas, they were not there. I remembered that I had spilled something and had changed pants since using my keys earlier so I ran back inside to check the pockets on my other pants...not there either. I began searching frantically inside the house, outside the house, and even in the car. All this time, my children are being little angels sitting in their car seats waiting for mommy to get her act together. (Really, I'm not being sarcastic...they were being great. I was the one whining and crying!) I was getting more and more panicky that I was not going to find them and Noah was going to miss school. Noah on the other hand was calm as he could be, saying that we could just walk to school because the exercise would do us good. (I don't think he realizes that twenty miles is quite a long way!)
After searching for about ten minutes with no luck, I finally called my Mom to come get Noah and take him to school. When she got there to get Noah, I took Jonah and Micah out of their seats and took them inside to play. I left them there to go back outside and check under the car to see if they had fallen when I was getting in...nope not there either.
As I walked back in the door of the house, I was met by Jonah. He said, "keys?" and handed me my car keys! I asked him where he found them and he walked over to his ride on toy and put them in the ignition. I guess he had found them earlier and was using them as his own.
Moral of the story...When you lose something, always ask the toddler first!

2 comments:

grammyjoan said...

I was surprised at how calm Noah was, bless his heart he really did believe that you could just walk him to school!

Holly and Tj said...

At least he gave them up and didn't try to keep them!