Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Same Song, Second Verse

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. I absolutely HATE being sick. I woke up in the middle of the night last night feeling nauseated, freezing, and shaking uncontrollably. Thinking it was blood sugar problems, I asked Joe to go get me a glass of milk. He thought that since I was freezing, he would put the glass of milk in the microwave and "knock the chill off of it" without telling me. **Side note here - A gulp of lukewarm milk is not the best thing when you are already feeling sick to your stomach.** Anyway, he brought back the thermometer and my temperature was 102.9. It stayed that way most of the night finally peaking at 104 early this morning.
Many thanks to my Mom, Granny, Dad, and Joe for pitching in to take care of me and the family. Mom took me to the Dr. this morning while Dad watched the kids. Granny came this afternoon to take care of us and poor Joe is pulling double duty at work and coming home to care for a sick wife and three grumpy kids.
The Dr. isn't really sure what it is, but he has put me on the same antibiotics I was on when I had MRSA, an antibiotic that Micah can not have. That means pumping and dumping for the duration of the medicine. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

1 comment:

Holly and Tj said...

Seems like you just can't get better. When I talked to you the other day you were sick and now this! You can send us the boys if you need someone to take care of them for a while ; ) Hope you feel better soon.