Friday, April 24, 2009

Sick Perks

The only thing worse than dumping breast milk down the drain is dropping two full bottles of milk on the bedroom carpet as you are making your way to the sink to pour them out. This whole routine is getting a bit old. However, the past few weeks have not been all bad. I'm trying to focus on the bright spots...

Ice Chips
In the hospital, the nurses keep you supplied with all the ice chips you can eat. It is really good ice, not so hard that it hurts your teeth, but still firm enough to give you a good crunch. There is nothing better than crushed ice at your demand.

Sushi and Caffeine
Since I am dumping out my breast milk I don't have to be concerned about every little thing I eat. This is the first time since February of 2007 that I have not been supporting a baby, either by being pregnant or nursing. Joe and I are going to go out to celebrate our anniversary this weekend (since I was not up to it last weekend) and I plan to take full advantage of my new found but short lived freedom.

Hospital Food
Yes, I am serious. On Wednesdays the hospital serves the best baked fish I have ever tasted. If you are ever in our little hospital, try to be there on a Wednesday. Seriously, it is YUMMY!

My Own Bathroom
By trying to prevent the spread of MRSA, the master bathroom has become off limits to everyone but myself. With the exception of tiny hands reaching under the bathroom door, I can actually pee and shower ALONE. This is by far my favorite "perk" and is one that we may have to keep around for a while even after I get better.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Taco Bell has the best crunchy ice balls. Remember them?