Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

This afternoon was the annual church Easter egg hunt. I dropped Micah off with my Mom, (I figured he really did not need ANY more sun) and took the older two boys to the ball field for the egg hunt. Of course Noah, being five years old and all, was a pro at hunting eggs. He went off on his own with the "big" kids while I took Jonah with me to the toddler section.
I had the hardest time getting Jonah to even pick up one egg! I kept telling him to pick up the pretty eggs and put them in the basket and he kept looking at me like I was crazy. After a few minutes of him stubbornly refusing to pick up any eggs, I finally realized what the problem was. Jonah is allergic to eggs. Every time he comes near something that has eggs in it, I say, "NO, you can't have that. It has eggs in it." The poor child was afraid that he would get in trouble for touching the plastic Easter eggs. He really got into the competition and had a blast once I told him that it was okay, that these were eggs with candy and he could eat what was inside.
Noah gathered a lot of eggs as well. He also won a plastic motorcycle by playing bingo. (Just what I need, another toy in the house.) After the egg hunt, bingo, hot dogs, and cupcakes, we picked up Micah and headed home. When we got home, I came straight to the computer to blog and then remembered that I should have taken the camera. Oops!

No comments: