Monday, April 13, 2009

Sick Girl

Well, this isn't what I thought I would be posting for Denise today, my goal was to take lots of pictures of the children on Easter and be able to share with you. Denise had other plans in the making and didn't know about them.
Sometime early in the weekend, Denise developed a boil on the inside of her leg at the groin area. It quickly became very painful and continued to grow over the weekend and by Sunday she was in extreme pain from it and started running a fever of around 104.
It was apparent that she had to be seen without waiting so Jimmie and I kept the children and Joe took out for the hospital emergency room with her. They had a surgeon put her to sleep and lance and pack the area, started her on IV antibiotics, and told her she would be there for several days. There is a possibility it is MRSA but we won't know until the culture comes back.
Please pray for her quick healing and for the family, it's pretty hard with such a little baby and toddler and child missing Mommy!
Hopefully Denise will be back to post herself very soon but I will try to keep you informed when I don't have the children. I still don't know how she manages to do it with the children!

3 comments:

Holly and Tj said...

That is one way to get a break I guess. Hope you feel better very soon!

Melissa said...

I'll be praying for Denise and also for Gramma as she takes care of three boys!

butterbean_girl said...

Yikes! We'll be keeping all of you in our prayers. Please let me know if I can do ANYTHING to help.
Marsha